Under the direction and supervision of the Shop Foreman this position is responsible for assisting in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of sheet metal equipment, products and structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Help set up welding equipment, fabricating machines, etc.
- Load, transport, unload, and furnish an experienced craft worker with materials, tools, equipment and supplies
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary
- Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation
- Perform minor maintenance or cleaning of tools and equipment
- Smooth seams, joints, or burned surfaces, using files or grinders
- Use hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment
- Trim, grind, de-burr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools or portable power tools
- Operate plasma cutter to cut patterns from sheet metal as necessary
- Follow and comply with quality procedures as set forth by IVI
- Follow and comply with all safety requirements
- Clamp, hold, heat-bend, bolt or grind spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a final welded product
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work Holidays, Weekends & OT
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with a diverse set of personalities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to job sites and/or customer locations as required
Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions and correspondence. Ability to write standard documentation, policies and procedures. Ability to effectively communicate information with all levels of employees within the organization. Ability to compose a legitimate project proposal.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers and fractions. Must also have strong trigonometry skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to: Stand or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials weighing 50 to 100 pounds; climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in a stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction; to safely perform designated tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high.
To apply, complete the form at the bottom of our Careers Page.