Under the direction and supervision of the Shop Foreman this position is responsible for assisting in the fabrication, assembly, and installation of sheet metal equipment, products and structures. A Pre-Apprentice is an entry level position which may lead to a Sheet Metal Apprenticeship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Help set up welding equipment, fabricating machines, etc.
• Load, transport, unload, and furnish an experienced craft worker with materials, tools, equipment and supplies
• Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary
• Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and work pieces during installation
• Perform minor maintenance or cleaning of tools and equipment
• Smooth seams, joints, or burned surfaces, using files or grinders
• Use hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment
• Trim, grind, de-burr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools or portable power tools
• Operate plasma cutter to cut patterns from sheet metal as necessary
• Follow and comply with quality procedures as set forth by IVI
• Follow and comply with all safety requirements
• Clamp, hold, heat-bend, bolt or grind spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a final welded product
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to work Holidays, Weekends & OT
• Valid Driver’s License
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work with a diverse set of personalities
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to travel to job sites and/or customer locations as required