This position is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating assigned projects. This position is key in developing and maintaining relationships with customers as well as developing sales opportunities with new clients. A Project Manager is responsible for developing sales for the company and making sure that his/her projects remain profitable.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate and contribute to all aspects of projects including estimating and the generation of proposals as well as coordination of each job (purchasing, tool-crib, kick-off meetings, site specific safety plans, shop fabrication, etc.)
- Coordinate Design and Engineering efforts that are needed for the project(s)
- Maintain coordination of documentation procedures among the appropriate parties such as the owner, customer, sub-contractors, and shop or field services.
- Proactively work to grow and expand customer relationships and identify opportunities with both new and existing customers.
- Accountable for the profitability of assigned projects
- Visit job sites on a regular basis to properly monitor job progress and to reinforce company policies and procedures, specifically safety
- Coordinate with appropriate team members in order to manage the project budget, cost accounting, forecast and cost control measures in order to accurately forecast percent complete and job profitability during the billing process.
- Manage and review all change order requests or Additional Work Authorizations
- Ensure that all local union staffing requests and reporting issues are addressed with Human Resources in a timely manner
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Leadership
- Impact and Influence
- Organizational Awareness
Will indirectly supervise Field Crews working on the Project Managers job(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The employee may travel extensively when the job site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 50+ hours or work a week. Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, bad weather and emergencies at the job site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar field or a combination of equivalent work experience and education
- At least 1-3 years of experience working in a construction environment preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with a diverse set of personalities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of estimating software
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.