Under the direction of the shop foreman, this position is responsible for safely, neatly and accurately painting product to customer specifications. This position must be able to understand and follow OSHA, EPA and DNR requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Apply preparatory materials and paints to metal surfaces
- Wash, scrape, sand and/or smooth surfaces prior to painting or applying other related materials
- Clean painting equipment, paint mixing area and work area on a regular and consistent basis
- Operate compressors, power washer, spray equipment and other small power equipment
- Operate forklift in order to move product into and out of paint booth
- Determine appropriate color and type of paint for product application
- Identify, handle safely and appropriately dispose of paints, accessories and other hazardous materials
- Organize and prioritize all painting assignments
- Visually inspect all product to make sure quality requirements are upheld
- Assist in other areas of the shop when out of work in paint booth
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of industrial metal painting experience preferred
- Ability to read, understand and conform to OSHA, EPA and DNR regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to safely operate a forklift to move product
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions (heat/cold, etc.) when moving product into and out of the paint booth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move 25-50 pounds and occasionally lift up 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, complete the online form on our Careers page.