This position is responsible for completing project designs and detailed drawings as well as BOM’s within the planned time schedule and within customer guidelines as required. This position must be able to interpret complex engineering specifications and apply those specifications to the design of components and sub-assemblies using sound design principles, creative and independent judgment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibit enough knowledge of procedures to accurately release drawings to the shop floor
- On a consistent and timely basis, communicate with the Shop Foreman in regards to the shop drawings
- Professionally communicate with vendors and customers vendors and customers (both internal & external) to gather the necessary information needed to generate and/or make changes/adjustments to drawings.
- Appropriately manage time and report any adverse progress to the completion of tasks to the appropriate Project Manager
- Actively participate in required job status meetings
- Assist the sales and engineering staff in preparing customer proposals which includes accurately assessing equipment specifications for drawings
- Accompany sales and engineering staff to customer sites as needed
- In a timely and efficient manner work with field personnel to help resolve issues regarding field installations
- Assist in field verifications as needed
- Lead and mentor less experienced designers
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Leadership
- Impact and Influence
- Organizational Awareness
This position does not have any direct supervisory responsibility.
The employee will travel at times when the job site is not close to the main office or when responsible for two or more job sites.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position which will typically involve at least 40 hours of work each week. Due to the nature of this job, the employee is expected to be available during early/late hours to deal with urgent questions at a job site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent work experience
- Experience designing industrial ventilation systems preferred
- 3- 5 years of experience designing ventilation systems in a manufacturing or construction environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Solid Works software a must
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and coordinate numerous activities with numerous people in order to achieve maximum efficiency
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills (internal & external)
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration when visiting job sites. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions at job site. The noise level at the job site environment can be loud, the noise level in the office environment is normally quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl when at customer job sites. The employee must frequently move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.